To honor all former Prisoners of War and those who are still Missing in Action; to feature the history of the POW/MIA flag; the history of NAS Cecil Field as a master jet base, and to serve as a facility for the U.S. military family. This center will be used to educate the public on the POW/MIA issue through exhibits, videos, artifacts and memorabilia.
- Military’s ‘lost’ honored with new chapel, plans for memorial museum
- Foundation Academy partnership brings military history to life
- New seat at Jumbo Shrimp games will remain empty to honor POW/MIA service members
- Mayor signs bill, turns Cecil Field memorial site over to nonprofit
- Grand vision starting to come together at POW/MIA memorial at former Cecil Field